- Low Carbon
- Did You Know
- Around 54% of greenhouse gas emissions come from just 3 of the biggest emitters, USA, China and Europe while the 100 least-emitting countries contribute less than 3%. (Climate Watch, 2020)
- Ocean absorbs 93% of the excess heat and 30% of the CO2 emissions produced from human activity. (IPCC, 2019)
- Only 57 countries (representing 60 percent of global emissions) are on track to meet their commitments by 2030.
- On an average, global glaciers have thinned by 10 metres since 1980.
- Highest concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere ever recorded in human history was in July 2021, 416 ppm.
- Earth naturally sequesters half the CO2 produced by human beings.
- 2019 was the second hottest year on record in the last 140 years, just behind 2016, averaging 0.95 of a degree C above the normal (NOAA)
- To prevent warming beyond 1.5°C, we need to reduce emissions by 7.6% every year from this year to 2030. (EGR, 2019)
A CSR Initiative of
Designed and Executed by