- Renewable Energy
- Did You Know
- One wind turbine of 2.5 MW capacity can produce enough electricity to power up to 1400 homes for a whole year.
- Costa Rica is a world leader in renewable energy. In 2017, this small Central American nation lasted 300 consecutive days on renewable energy alone.
- Iceland is the only country in the world where renewable sources generate 100% of its electricity and heat.
- Between 2007 and 2017, the world's renewable electricity sourced from solar power increased a whopping 4,300 percent.
- Switching to wind, water and solar energy worldwide could eliminate 4 to 7 million deaths from air pollution every year.
- Hydropower is the most widely-used renewable power source and accounts for 18% of the world’s total power generation.
- Global investment in clean energy hit just over $500 billion in 2020, with an increase of 9% compared to 2019 (Bloomberg)
- To reach global climate goals, annual investment in renewables must at least triple by 2030, for a total increase of 200 per cent. (International Energy Agency)
- Global investment in renewable power capacity totalled $303.5 billion in 2020, a 2 per cent increase from 2019. (International Energy Agency)
- On an average, 1.73 x 105 terawatts (TW) of solar radiation continuously strike the Earth, while global electricity demand averages 2.6 TWh.
A CSR Initiative of
Designed and Executed by
Scan the QR code to download the application
Technology is a useful servant, but a dangerous master, it was rightly said. Electronic devices have grown into an inevitable part of our daily lives.